Roloff Beny Gallery, Michael Lee Crystal, Level 4, Thorsell Spirit House, Level 1
Experience the power of science and art with the premiere of Carbon 14: Climate is Culture at the ROM. Curated by David Buckland and Claire L. Sykes, and produced by Cape Farewell in partnership with ROM Contemporary Culture, Carbon 14: Climate is Culture explores the growing global issue of climate change through the eyes of scientists, artists and cultural informers. Art and science come together in this engaging and provocative exhibition, two years in the making, featuring new works by:
- David Buckland & Tom Rand
- Mel Chin
- Minerva Cuevas
- Melanie Gilligan & Tom Ackers
- Jaco Ishulutaq
- Zacharias Kunuk & Ian Mauro
- Félix Lajeunesse & Paul Raphaël
- Myfanwy MacLeod & Janna Levitt
- Ian Mauro, Craig Norris, Ben Phillips & Marc Labelle
- Lisa Steele & Kim Tomczak
- Sharon Switzer
- Donald Weber
Through innovative exhibitions and contemporary projects, ROM Contemporary Culture provides insight and inspiration to help our community make sense of the modern world and connect with one another. This season, ROM: Contemporary Culture explores the issues of environment and climate change, asking: how does landscape change a culture and how does culture change a landscape?
- Don’t miss Carbon 14: Climate is Culture, buy your General Admission tickets today.
- Learn more about Cape Farewell and the Carbon 14: Climate is Culture Festival
Carbon 14: Climate is Culture was produced by Cape Farewell Foundation in partnership with ROM Contemporary Culture.