MARCH BREAK CAMP – 1-ON-1 SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Children’s & Family Programming
The Royal Ontario Museum is seeking one (1) responsible individual to fill the role of 1-on-1 Support Assistant for our ROM March Break Camp from March 11 - 15, 2013. Working in conjunction with Reach for the Rainbow, this ROM Assistant will work 1-on-1 with the high-needs camper to meet their individual needs.
• Read and understand the profile of the assigned camper, including a pre-camp phone contact at home to clarify the campers profile
• Sign the Profile Acknowledgement Form to confirm
• Prepare craft material prior to each day to ensure camper integration
• Ensure campers routines of daily care, health needs (possible medication)
• Supervise camper during breaks and lunch
• Assist instructor to ensure integration with the group by adapting games, activities, movement through the Museum, and field trips
• Facilitate activities and social interactions with all members of the group
• Use adaptive equipment in a safe and responsible manner, as necessary
• Model positive behaviour
• Act in a friendly and courteous manner to parents and children at all times
• Other duties as assigned
|Date de clôture||2013-02-06|
|Salaire||$11.25 per hour|
• Assistants require at least one year experience working with children in an educational/camp environment and are able to work cooperatively with other team members
• Successful candidates must be 16 years of age by the start of the contract
• The following additional qualifications are strong assets:
> Secondary education in a Museum-related field (Art, Archaeology, Life Sciences, Earth Science, History)
> Previous experience working 1-on-1 with Special Needs children
> Coaching/lifeguard certification
> First Aid/CPR certification
A cover letter should accompany each résumé indicating your work availability and the ability to attend an orientation on March 2nd at 1:00 P.M. Finally, each applicant must be prepared to provide a Criminal Background Check specific to individuals who work with children or vulnerable persons.
How to Apply
STARTING DATE: March 2, 2013
SALARY: $11.25 per hour
PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please include Competition #2013-010 - March Break Camp 1-on-1 Support Asst. in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5PM ON: February 6, 2013
Priority will be given to qualified internal applicants.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you to all who apply, however, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.