The Royal Ontario Museum is seeking an energetic, part-time Lead Concierge. Candidates must be able to work a variety of shifts including: shifts on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays and at least one more weekday shift (Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday).
Availability on Statutory Holidays is required. This position is part of a maximum of 24 hours per week except during the summer and holiday periods as defined in the Part-time Collective Agreement.
Shifts can be scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Candidates must be able to attend a monthly mandatory staff meeting and are required to wear a uniform.
The Lead Conciege coordinates the operation of the Admission Desk and the switchboard. (S)he briefs and assigns staff to positions required as part of the daily operation, monitors staff activities, assigns work and oversees all aspects of the cash operation. (S)he acts as a Concierge to the ROM, dealing with visitor complaints, troubleshoots and problem solves, liaises with other departments as required, and reports on daily activities to the Supervisor in a fast paced environment. (S)he is responsible for handling all cash taken in through the front of house operation: coaching towards meeting sales targets, issuing floats, maintaining the safe, ordering change, overseeing end of day reconciliations. (S)he assists in back of house responsibilities such as limited programming of the automated ticketing system, running reports as needed, and other duties as assigned. The Lead Concierge covers for the Supervisor during absences.
|Date de clôture||2013-02-12|
|Salaire||$25.03 per hour|
• Secondary school diploma. Certification in hospitality or customer services OR an acceptable equivalent would be considered an asset.
• At least two (2) years experience in customer service or the hospitality industry. Demonstrated supervisory experience is required.
• Experience training staff and preparing work schedules.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Demonstrated oral proficiency in French is required. Proficiency in other languages is an asset.
• Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills. Proven ability to handle public inquiries and complaints with tact and diplomacy.• Demonstrated cash handling experience. Ticketing system experience would be an asset.
• Demonstrated intermediate Microsoft Office experience and skill. Database experience would be an asset.
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
How to Apply
PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING TO:
Mara Gunner, Human Resources Coordinator
Human Resources and Organizational Development Department
Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6
Fax: 416-586-5827 or email: email@example.com. Please include File No. 2013 -013 on the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5 P.M. on February 12, 2013 We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Priority will be given to qualified internal applicants.