The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is internationally renowned for its collections of nearly six million beautiful and remarkable objects. At the ROM, people of all ages and backgrounds find experiences that inspire wonder and understanding of the immense diversity of human civilization and the natural world.
The ROM Governors acts as a strategic resource to the Museum in the development of plans, initiatives, and programs requiring substantial private support. The ROM Governors are committed to the long-term financial health of the ROM, raising and directing funds for its highest priorities, and fostering sustainable relationships of exceptional value both to its donors and the institution.
The ROM Governors is preparing to celebrate a century of philanthropy as part of the ROM’s centennial in 2014.
The Development Officer, Corporate Relations, is responsible for the successful identification, acquisition and retention of small and mid-size sponsorship support for the Museum’s public, educational and outreach programming as well as providing ongoing stewardship and reporting to sponsors of programs and exhibitions.
Development and Stewardship: Cultivate and solicit a personal portfolio of corporate and foundation prospects by developing and implementing personalized strategies to support the successful engagement of these important constituents. Provide ongoing stewardship to all corporate sponsors and supporters of Museum programs and exhibitions. Liaise with all internal Museum departments to ensure that the successful fulfillment of sponsor benefits and contracts are activated in a thorough, professional and timely manner so that sponsor satisfaction and retention is increased.
Reporting: Reporting to the Senior Director, Corporate Relations the incumbent will liaise with all internal Museum departments to track, evaluate and report on the performance of sponsored programs and exhibitions and utilize this data to prepare and present mid, annual and final reporting for all sponsors and/or supporters of Museum programs and exhibitions.
Research: Work in concert with ROM Governors Senior Development Officer, Corporate Relations to research and analyze the giving potential and propensity of corporate prospects. Develop thoughtfully conceived and personally tailored strategies to engage and guide their involvement and eventual investment and/or renewal in the Museum’s development priorities in order that partnerships and affiliations are strengthened by complimentary objectives and fit.
Proposal Development: In association with the Communications Team develop and create sponsor proposals for all appropriate sponsorship approaches, and assist Corporate Relations team in developing exhibition approaches as necessary.
Program Administration: Provides administrative support in coordination of meetings, travel arrangements, expense reporting, budget management, processing gifts, correspondence, minute taking, and maintaining databases. Ensures all prospect contact and proposals submitted are tracked, and regularly prepares reports based on data retrieved using Raiser’s Edge
Reports to: Senior Director, Corporate Relations
Starting Date: Immediately
|Date de clôture||2013-02-10|
This position requires an incumbent possessing a post-secondary degree or diploma plus a minimum of three years of experience securing support from the corporate sector.
The incumbent must also possess:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and professional presence necessary to interact with donors, patrons, senior volunteers, senior Museum staff and other stakeholders.
- Excellent problem solving skills, business acumen, strategic aptitude, and sound judgment.
- Knowledge of the market place and sponsor base and event management.
- Exceptional and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to efficiently organize and manage a diverse range of assignments while meeting multiple deadlines, along with thorough attention to all details and consistent follow through.
- Resourcefulness and independence, while remaining comfortable working within the Framework of a team-oriented environment.
- Sound computer skills and experience with The Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and InDesign as applied to the preparation of proposals, reports and presentations.
- Understanding of the vision, mission and values of the Museum and role of the ROM Governors.
- A flexible schedule which allows for multiple after-hours events and meetings.
How to Apply
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME PRIOR TO 5:00 p.m. on February 10, 2013 to Linda Knox, Human Resources Coordinator, Royal Ontario Museum Governors Office, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6; Fax: 416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please include Competition #2013-004 Development Officer (Corporate Relations) in the subject line.
The ROM Governors Office is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ROM Governors wishes to 'Thank' all who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.