Monday, December 26 to Sunday, January 8
Come celebrate the holidays in Toronto with us! The Museum comes alive for the season with lots of family-friendly things to do for kids of all ages.
A wonderland which enchants adults and children alike, our CHIHULY exhibition is the inspiration for holiday activities. Make family memories that sparkle as you experience large glass sculptures, brilliantly coloured and dancing with light.
Holiday Fun for Families
This year, two full weeks and longer hours mean more time for family fun!
- Explore how fire and ice shape our natural world with touchable objects from our collections—from volcanic glass to a polar bear skull!
- See incredible “glass” fossils of creatures that lived in the seas long before the dinosaurs, and learn how they reveal their prehistoric secrets
- Sail into the icy heart of a historical mystery: what happened to HMS Erebus in the cold Arctic waters?
- Don't miss Sonshine and Broccoli: bring your kids, bring yourselves, and enjoy their interactive and fun-filled musical shows!
- Decorate a holiday tree with origami creations, creatures, and crystals
- Get Twisted! Six-time World Champion Balloon Artist Mark Verge, aka Jungle Jack, will wow you with Chihuly-inspired balloon sculptures
- Take on family and friends with video games inspired by our collections
- Engage in a ROMQuest and discover how people who inhabited this land in years past used their ingenuity to make the most of winter.
- A Wild Time! Get up close and personal with wild life as you learn animal facts with Hands on Exotics, a shelter which specializes in the care of exotic animals
- Decompress in the Early Learners Lounge: a quiet space for young families to rest, nurse, and play
This is your last chance to see CHIHULY* (closes January 8), a spectacular exhibition by one of the world’s foremost artists working in glass today. The alluring intertwined shapes of these vibrant, larger-than-life art works captivate kids and make CHIHULY a magical experience!
Wildlife Photographer of the Year
Wildlife Photographer of the Year* features 100 breathtaking and all-new photographs: your family will be amazed and moved by the beauty and diversity of the natural world.
*Exhibitions are time-ticketed.
If you’re looking for an active winter break event for kids and families, we’ve got you covered with plenty of fun things to do. A holiday tradition in Toronto, the ROM is the answer to “what to do?” this festive season!
Holiday Day Camp
Tuesday, January 3 to Friday, January 6
Looking for kids’ activities during the second week of the Toronto school break? Power up young imaginations in this lively week of learning, movement and making. Limited spaces available: find out more today!
Wrap up the ROM
Give a gift that lasts all year long. Giving a ROM membership this holiday offers your friends and family the most exclusive ROM experience. ROM Members receive free unlimited admission to the Museum and special exhibitions, plus an array of exclusive benefits.
Holiday Shopping & Gift Ideas
Looking for something special this holiday season? Stop by the ROM boutique in the heart of the Bloor-Yorkville for a wide selection of special books, artwork, stationery, ceramics, home décor, personal accessories, multi-media and much more inspired by the ROM's collection. There's a gift for everyone on your list.
Date & Time
- December 26, 2016 to January 8, 2017
A museum-wide event
Bloor Street (main entrance)