- You can bring bags for baby needs with you to the Museum. Don’t forget, these bags are still subject to inspection.
Strollers & Safety
Strollers are allowed in the Museum; however please note the following exceptions:
- Strollers are allowed everywhere except the CIBC Discovery Gallery where you will find designated stroller parking outside of the area.
- Please leave backpack style child carriers, wagons, or other pull vehicles at home. They pose safety risks to visitors and to objects on display.
- On very busy days, oversized strollers may not be allowed. They can pose a risk to other visitors.
Other things to note:
- For only $2, you can rent strollers at the coat check. Strollers are subject to availability.
- Be aware of low ceilings throughout the Museum; please do not carry children on your shoulders.
More Helpful Ideas
- Plan ahead! In addition to the dedicated children’s galleries in the Museum, including the Patrick and Barbara Keenan Family Gallery of Hands-on Biodiversity and the CIBC Discovery Gallery, there are always exciting programs and exhibitions that are available during your visit. See ROMKids for more for more information.
- Visit the live animals on display in the Life in Crisis: Schad Gallery of Biodiversity and the Patrick and Barbara Keenan Family Gallery of Hands-on Biodiversity.
- Dinosaurs, the Bat Cave and Mummies are always a hit with families.
- Take frequent breaks with young children – there are seating areas throughout the Museum and special areas where you can buy food or eat snacks that you have brought with you.
- Make your visit fun for the whole family. Ask children to talk about what they see and like.