ROM Accessibility Strategy
The ROM has developed an Accessibility Strategy which outlines our commitment to removing barriers to participation for Museum visitors with disabilities. This strategy includes a brief overview of our organization, a description of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and our own accessibility planning process, a description of the framework we have in place in order to address issues of accessibility, our gap analysis and subsequent goals for the future. The Accessibility Strategy is available in alternate formats upon request.
See the ROM Accessibility Strategy (PDF)
ROM Commitment to a more accessible Museum
The ROM recognizes the diversity of its audience and the Museum is committed to removing barriers to participation extending the reach of the ROM to a greater diversity of visitors. The ROM is committed to meeting accessibility requirements under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and any future additions or modifications to the legislation.
- Service Disruptions (PDF)
- Feedback Process at the ROM (PDF)
- Assistive Devices and Service Animals (PDF)
- Tip Sheet for Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
Recent Awards and Distinctions
• Excellence Canada - Ontario Accessibility Award
• Canadian Foundation for Physically Disabled Persons (CFPDP) Corporate Award
• The City of Toronto Access Equity & Human Rights Awards - Access Award for Disability Issues