Louise Hawley Stone founds the Bishop White Committee, which still exists. It was the prototype for "Friends of ...." various departments.
1933 - 1968
The opening gala for the 1959 exhibition "Masks: the Many Faces of Man" was great fun.
In just 13 years the ROM more than doubles its total attendance. Since opening its doors on March 19, 1914, the ROM has welcomed 11 million visitors.
Museum Volunteers committee is started, soon becoming the Department of Museum Volunteers. Over the years since, it has been a crucial force in fundraising and programming.
Theodore Heinrich is appointed Director, the first for a single ROM. He has come from New York and is a novelty in Toronto the Good. A new era begins with a flurry of restructuring.