The Finance Department at the Royal Ontario Museum is currently seeking a strong candidate to report to the Assistant VP of Finance. This position will lead the overall procurement management process; administer, evaluate and participate in the procurement tendering process for all goods and contractor/ consulting services; and other financial/administrative responsibilities.
• Lead and design the overall procurement process through the development of a procurement strategy, fairness process, and ensure overall compliance. Contribute to the development and implementation of the ROM’s procurement practice, including policies, procedures, guidelines, templates and educating clients.
• Collaborate and facilitate clients through the procurement tendering process in compliance with the ROM Procurement Policy and/or BPS Procurement Directive for goods and services, contractor and consulting services, including insurance. Manage communication with bidders with internal clients.
• Develop and negotiate sound legal agreements/vendor contracts for goods and services procured. Advise client departments on interpretation of legal contract terms and conditions and matters relating to contract management and administration. Negotiate terms and conditions prior to awarding contracts. Liaise with legal counsel, as required. Mediate contract disputes with vendors.
• Prepare an Executive Summary for proposed vendor contracts (outline risks, rights, obligations, requirements and terms and conditions).
• Establish and maintain vendor management record and Preferred Vendor List.
• Develop a system that tracks open and closed procurement requests; contract expiry dates; key contract obligations and requirements; notifies clients of pending expiry dates and renewal requirements or extensions; and monitors compliance of contract obligations and take appropriate actions to escalate issues and mitigate risk.
• Establish/develop an efficient process to assist staff in the procurement process.
• Ensure all documentation is filed to meet audit requirements.
• Identify metrics, tools and processes to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
|Salary||$73,137.00 - $86,044.00 per annum|
• University Degree in Commerce or Law, plus completion of the Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) designation from the Purchasing Management Association of Canada or an acceptable equivalent degree/designation.
• A minimum of seven (7) years public sector procurement experience that includes designing, negotiating, and managing contracts for goods and services. This experience includes a minimum of three (3) years in a managerial capacity.
• Knowledge of financial principles, procurement policies and various procurement activities (i.e. RFI, RFQ, RFP, sole source, etc.), processes, documentation, and Broader Public Sector (BPS) Procurement Directive.
• Experience directing cross-functional teams.
• Experience working in a computerized purchasing department.
• Proven ability to lead, influence and motivate people.
• Strong organizational and strategic planning skills, superior leadership skills, well developed negotiating skills, cost management skills, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Key Competencies Required:
Leadership, Continuous Learning, Communication, Relationship Management, Attention to detail
How to Apply
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
SALARY: $73,137.00 - $86,044.00 per annum
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-049 – Manager, Procurement in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5PM ON: July 2, 2013