Day Shift (one-year contract) Full-time Gallery
• Providing security for assigned areas;
• Alarm response and investigation;
• Patrolling, checking exhibits, entrances and exits;
• Crowd control;
• Parcel and package inspections;
• Incident investigation;
• Enforcing security regulations;
• Responding to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures;
• Report writing.
• Providing direction and information to clients and visitors;
• Directing clients/staff in emergencies.
• Duties as assigned.
|Salary||$21.72 per hour (probationary rate)|
• Valid Ontario Security Guard License;
• Law Enforcement diploma plus one (1) year of previous security experience, or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience;
• Demonstrated interpersonal, customer service and oral/written English communication skills;
• Require standard CPR, First Aid and Automatic Electrical Defibrillator certification;
• Basic computer skills;
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills;
• Must have Smart Serve training;
• Valid Ontario driver’s license an asset;
• Must be physically fit.
How to Apply
CONTRACT PERIOD: September 2013 to August 2014
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
HOURLY RATE: $21.72 per hour (probationary rate)
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development,
Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827;
email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-050 – Contract Security Officer in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: June 21, 2013
Note to Internal applicants: All subsequent temporary job vacancies resulting from this job posting will be filled from the applications received from this posting. Individuals interested in this or any subsequent temporary assignment should apply to this job posting.