The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is Canada’s pre-eminent museum of world cultures and natural history. We have an opening for a dynamic individual to fill the role of Assistant V.P., Marketing.
Reporting to the V.P. Communication, you will be responsible for developing and directing the Museum’s marketing program in order to meet budgeted revenue targets for admissions, programs and related areas. You will coordinate marketing messages for all ROM communication vehicles, such as PR and member’s communication, as well as being the steward of the ROM’s brand for the organization. You will initiate and negotiate strategic partnerships and promotions ensuring that they align with the ROM brand and contribute to the objectives of the unit. You will provide marketing expertise, advice and assistance to museum staff working on advertising/marketing related projects and work to identify and solicit new markets and customers.
|Salary||$89,133 - $104,862 per annum|
• University degree in business/marketing arts administration or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience;
• At least eight (8) years experience in marketing/advertising, sales and promotion including at least three years at the manager or director level;
• Strong strategic marketing expertise including experience directing marketing and sales initiatives for arts/cultural or tourism organizations;
• Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to direct a diverse range of colleagues and staff;
• Proven team leadership, organizational and managerial skills, including responsibility for and the ability to influence decisions affecting comparable budgets, strategy development and project implementation;
• Experience with brand development, implementation and strategy extensions and support;
• Sales management experience including setting and managing of sales strategy, tactics and measurement against revenue objectives;
• Superior writing, quantitative analysis and presentation skills, including experience presenting to and demonstrated ability to influence senior marketing and business leaders
• French language skill would be an asset
How to Apply
Please send your resume to: Mara Gunner, Human Resources Department, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queens Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6 or FAX: 416 586 5827 or email: email@example.com. Please quote competition # 2013-048 – Assistant V.P. Marketing in the subject line. by 5:00 PM on June 21, 2013.
Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.