(Fixed-term Assignment - 6 weeks full time, beginning July 15, 2013 with the possibility of an extension)
The Royal Ontario Museum seeks a skilled conservator with training and experience in stone conservation for a six week contract. The conservator will work under the direction of the Senior Conservator of Ceramics, Stone and Glass and assist in the assessment and conservation treatment of two outdoor monumental marble sculptures from 17th century China, Guardian Lions, currently flanking the East entrance of the ROM building.
|Salary||$54,338 - $62,101 per annum|
- Masters degree in Conservation from a recognized training program with a minimum of two years experience in stone conservation OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience. The ability to work in Canada must be secured by the commencement of the contract;
- Well developed knowledge, sound experience and sensitivity in the care, handling and treatment of stone; familiarity with stone monuments and their deterioration in an outdoor environment;
- Good judgement, initiative, creativity, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work independently and effectively as a member of a team;
- Knowledge of digital photography and sound documentation skills.
How to Apply
Please submit in writing a cover letter, résumé and list of contact information of three professional references to: Mara Gunner, Human Resources Coordinator, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen's Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. Fax: 416-586-5827 or email: email@example.com. Please quote competition # 2013-046 – Conservator – Stone in the subject line.
Deadline for applications is June 19, 2013, 5:00 p.m. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.