The Summer Experience Program 2013 has approved the hiring of a Human Resources Assistant. This assignment will be for 35 hours per week for 7 weeks starting in June or July.
The student hired must meet the eligibility criteria of the program:
- all students must be currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution or within 6 months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment, or up to 29 years for persons with a disability, if disabled, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code;
- Proof of enrolment must be provided to the employer;
- Students must be residents of Ontario and eligible to work in Canada.
Description of position:
- Assisting with recruitment process: screening applicants, setting up interview schedules, contacting applicants, conducting reference checks and assisting with work place orientations;
- Inputting to HRIS system;
- Maintaining HR records (personnel files);
- Assisting HR Coordinators, Occupational Health & Safety Coordinator and Pension & Benefits Coordinator as needed and involvement in various projects;
- Data entry, distributing mail;
- Responding to phone queries;
- Other duties as assigned.
|Salary||$10.25 per hour|
- Post-secondary education in Human Resources or an acceptable educational equivalent;
- Excellent oral/written communication skills;
- Data entry skills (Microsoft Office/HRIS);
- Proven administrative office skills;
- Strong customer service skills.
How to Apply
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-041 –Human Resources Student Assistant on the subject line.