(Fixed-term , part-time, 3 days/week for 14 weeks beginning June 5, 2013)
The Royal Ontario Museum seeks a skilled conservator with training and experience in Textiles for a fourteen week contract. The conservator will work under the direction of the Senior Conservator in the textile lab treating objects for the “Early Islamic Textiles” exhibition which will open in the Fall of 2013. The Conservator will assist with treatment and mounting of a group of Tiraz fragments from the ROM’s collection.
Responsibilities include the assessment, documentation and treatment of a group of textiles for an exhibition.
|Salary||$29.63 per hour|
- A Master’s degree in Conservation from a recognized training program with a minimum of two years experience in textile conservation or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience. The ability to work in Canada must be secured by the commencement of the contract.
- Well developed knowledge and experience with the care, handling and treatment of various textiles;
- Demonstrated excellent hand skills in textile conservation techniques;
- Good judgment, initiative and problem solving skills; ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
- Knowledge of digital photography would be an asset
How to Apply
APPLY TO: Mara Gunner, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. Fax: 416-586-5827 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote Competition #2013-039 – Conservator, Textiles, in the subject line. Please include three professional letters of reference.
Deadline for applications is May 17, 2013, 5:00 p.m.. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.