The Summer Experience Program 2013 has approved the hiring of an Entomology Student Assistant. This assignment will be for 35 hours per week for 7 weeks starting at the beginning of June.
The student hired must meet the eligibility criteria of the program:
- all students must be currently enrolled in a secondary or post-secondary institution or within 6 months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment, or up to 29 years for persons with a disability, if disabled, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code;
- Proof of enrolment must be provided to the employer;
- Students must be residents of Ontario and eligible to work in Canada.
Description of position:
Our senior curator of Entomology is presently undertaking a long-term survey of parasitic Hymenoptera (bees and wasps) in Malaysia’s Gunung Mulu National Park. A large number of specimens that have recently been collected, preserved in alcohol and returned to the ROM require sorting to various taxonomic levels prior to detailed study and identification. To facilitate this work, Entomology requires the assistance of an individual to prepare and mount some of this material.
|Salary||$10.25 per hour|
This position will assist a student who is seriously considering a career in the natural sciences.
- Current enrolment in biology/zoology courses
- Highly detail oriented with manual dexterity
- Well developed organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Strong professional interest the Natural Sciences
How to Apply
APPLY TO: Mara Gunner, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2013-037 –Entomology Student Assistant on the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 p.m. on: May 10, 2013