ROM Creative Department
Fixed-term position (March 11 - June 28, 2013)
The Royal Ontario Museum is seeking an Exhibit Graphic Production Assistant to work with the ROM Creative team and the Mesopotamia Project team to develop graphic designs conceived by the Exhibit Designer–Graphics and prepare files for supplier quotes and production.
This capable individual will also conceive and develop print material, signage, and ads for other departments. At times, this individual will manage aspects of these projects independently.
|Salary||biweekly salary will be based on $45,948.00 per annum|
• Post Secondary degree in Graphic Design, Environmental Graphic design, OR an equivalent in experience and education.
• Two (2) years experience in pre-press for print.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate in a team context.
• Understanding and ability to develop 2D design development presentation and prepress packages.
• Detailed knowledge of graphic production techniques and media.
• Strong problem solving skills, sense of initiative required to source information and prioritize variables.
• Proficiency with the most current software applications used for design and the creation of pre-production files.
• An understanding of Inclusive Design and Environmental Graphic Design
How to Apply
STARTING DATE: March 11, 2013
UNION: OPSEU Local 543
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2013-021 – Exhibit Graphic Production Asst. in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: March 8, 2013
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to 'Thank' all who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.