Part-time position (21 hours/week) - temporary until March 2014
The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) seeks an individual that will support the needs of the department and aid the managers and coordinators with program administration. The successful candidate will be responsible, friendly, and offer resourceful assistance to the public when inquiring about programs and liaising with Museum staff.
• Respond to telephone and written inquiries regarding registration, program offerings and availability to external and internal clients.
• Liaise with service-oriented departments to provide up-to-date programs information.
• Process program sales and registration information into ticketing system.
• Assist with program coordination by creating production documents.
• Assists with program execution by creating signs and organizing supplies for events.
• Contact clients to confirm program arrangements, registration information and payment.
• Provide input on design and review for accuracy any program information required for publications such as brochures and handouts.
• Orders supplies and other duties as assigned.
|Salary||$20.02 per hour|
• Must have completed a minimum of one (1) year post secondary education plus one (1) full year of administrative experience.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated use of computer software (e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Photoshop).
• Proven organizational skills, judgement, and attention to detail.
• Able to work independently and as part of a team member.
• Able to speak French would be an asset.
How to Apply
UNION REPRESENTATION: OPSEU Local 543 (part-time)
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 420 hours or 6 months (whichever comes first)
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-016 – Admin Asst. Programs in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: February 20, 2013
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We wish to Thank all who apply, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.