HOUSEKEEPING & MAINTENANCE DEPARTMENT , 1 Permanent Part-Time - (20 to 24 hours per week)
Reporting to the Head/Lead Hand, the incumbent will perform a wide variety of functions related to the maintenance and cleaning of the ROM building and its surrounding grounds. The successful candidate will:
- Maintain floors by sweeping, dust mopping, wet mopping, washing, wet and dry vacuum cleaning, scrubbing, pressure cleaning, buffing, stripping, refinishing, sanding, shampoo and steam cleaning, spray maintenance, and replenish supplies; collect and dispose of waste.
- Maintain grounds, clean and clear outside approaches to building; maintain surrounding sidewalks and driveways to ensure they are free of ice by removing snow and spreading ice melting substance and/or scraping surface with ice scraper. Mow and water lawns, trim edges, shrubs and bushes, remove and bag dead leaves, branches, shrubs and debris. Clean equipment, handle various chemicals and perform routine maintenance. Move furniture including chairs, tables, desks, cupboards, and other furniture and equipment. Use material handling equipment when necessary. Deliver material and equipment from the receiving dock to departments and perform other duties as assigned.
|Department||Housekeeping and Maintenance Department|
|Salary||$21.72 per hour (probationary rate)|
Incumbent will have:
- a recognized high school certificate and relevant job experience in the cleaning industry and/or an equivalency in education and experience; must possess high standards of practice with a demonstrated ability to physically perform the work;
- must have excellent oral/written English communication and customer service skills with demonstrated ability to work as part of a dedicated team;
- experience in the operation of various operational equipment (floor cleaner, lawn mower, sander, etc.).
- a valid Ontario Driver’s license and knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act/WHMIS.
- experience in the Hospitality industry would be an asset.
All subsequent temporary job vacancies resulting from this job posting will be filled from the applications received. Individuals interested in this or any subsequent temporary assignment should apply to this job posting.
How to Apply
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. Attention: Mara Gunner, Human Resources Coordinator FAX #(416) 586-5827 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Competition # 2013-008 on the subject line PRIOR TO 5:00 p.m. ON: January 30, 2013.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.