The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is seeking 8-12 individuals to fill the role of Instructor for our ROM March Break Camp from March 11 - 15, 2013.
• Develop and plan course content based on description and direction by Manager
• Produce course plan document and written day-by-day description for parents
• Deliver course activities based on plan and description
• Follow daily schedules and routines
• Manage behaviour of children, ensuring a safe and enjoyable educational experience for each child in the group
• Ensure safe and proper use of museum materials, specimens
• Supervise and direct assigned assistants
• Provide feedback for volunteers and paid assistants
|Salary||$26.49 per hour|
• Post Secondary degree or equivalent in a museum-related discipline
• At least one year of experience teaching children in an educational setting
• Requires a firm grasp of sound behaviour/classroom management techniques
• Formal teaching qualifications are a definite asset
• Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
• Strong conflict resolution skills
How to Apply
A cover letter should accompany each résumé indicating your work availability and the ability to attend an orientation on February 9th at 1:00 P.M. Finally, each applicant must be prepared to provide a criminal background check.
STARTING DATE: February 23 and March 11 - 15, 2013
PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please include Competition #2013-002 - March Break Camp Instructor in the subject line.
Priority will be given to qualified internal applicants.
The ROM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you to everyone who applied, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.