Security Guard - 2 part-time Permanent positions (varying shifts and days/week)
• Monitoring and operating alarm, CCTV and access control systems;
• Responding to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures;
• Patrolling and providing security for assigned areas;
• Performing crowd control;
• Parcel inspection;
• Enforcing museum policies and procedures;
• Documenting incidents and preparing incident reports;
• Providing direction and information to clients and visitors;
• Directing clients/staff in emergencies.
Other duties as assigned.
|Salary||$21.72 per hour (Probationary Rate)|
• Law Enforcement diploma plus one (1) year of previous security experience, or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience;
• Must have a valid Ontario Security Guard license;
• Demonstrated interpersonal, customer service and oral/written English communication skills;
• Require CPR and first aid certification;
• Basic computer skills;
• Must have a valid Ontario drivers license;
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills;
• Smart Serve training required;
• Must be physically fit.
How to Apply
START DATE: ASAP
HOURS OF WORK: 20 to 24 hours per week
PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING TO: Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. Please quote Competition #2012-073 – Security Guard on the subject line. Send by e-mail: email@example.com or by fax: (416)586-5827 by 5:00 PM on December 12, 2012.
Note to Internal applicants: All subsequent temporary job vacancies resulting from this job posting will be filled from the applications received. Individuals interested in this or any subsequent temporary assignment should apply to this job posting.
The Royal Ontario Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The ROM wishes to thank everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.