1 part-time position (varying shifts and days/week)
Temporary until January 5, 2015
- Monitoring and operating alarm, CCTV and access control systems;
- Responding to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures;
- Patrolling and providing security for assigned areas;
- Performing crowd control;
- Parcel inspection;
- Enforcing museum policies and procedures;
- Documenting incidents and preparing incident reports;
- Providing direction and information to clients and visitors;
- Directing clients/staff in emergencies.
Other duties as assigned
|Salary||$19.44 per hour (probationary rate)|
- Law Enforcement diploma plus one (1) year of previous security experience, or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience;
- Must have a valid Ontario Security Guard license;
- Must have a valid Ontario drivers license;
- Require CPR and first aid certification;
- Smart Serve training required;
- Demonstrated interpersonal, customer service and oral/written English communication skills;
- Basic computer skills;
- Demonstrated conflict resolution skills;
- Must be physically fit.
How to Apply
START DATE: ASAP
HOURS OF WORK: 20 to 24 hours per week
HOURLY RATES: $19.44 per hour (Probationary Rate)
PLEASE APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. Please quote Competition #2014-068 – Temporary Security Guard on the subject line. Send by e-mail: email@example.com or by fax: (416)586-5827 by 5:00 PM on August 19, 2014.
Note to Internal applicants: All subsequent temporary job vacancies resulting from this job posting will be filled from the applications received. Individuals interested in this or any subsequent temporary assignment should apply to this job posting.
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.