The Royal Ontario Museum is among the world’s leading museums of natural history, and of world cultures. Our marketing department is seeking a well-organized Marketing Assistant to handle financial tasks and administration as well as provide assistance with marketing projects in support of the Museum’s efforts to drive awareness, interest and attendance and engage diverse audiences in building a relationship with the ROM.
As a Marketing Assistant you will perform a variety of financial functions including handling invoice processing and tracking and maintaining the departmental budget system. You will order supplies and maintain inventory, screen calls and schedule meetings. You will assist with some marketing functions and with various marketing and media events.
|Salary||$45,948 - $52,512 per annum|
- Completion of three years of post-secondary training/education (community college diploma in business, office administration or marketing OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience).
- A minimum of two years related experience including accounting and marketing functions.
- Proficient in MS Office with an emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient typing speed.
- Good mathematical, accounting and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills. Ability to stay calm under pressure and have a professional and courteous manner.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, take initiative and to work in an team environment.
- French language skills would be an asset.
- Experience or familiarity with marketing a cultural institution is considered an asset.
How to Apply
Please submit covering letter and resume to: Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6, Attention: Mara Gunner, Human Resources or preferably: e-mail humanresources @rom.on.ca – please quote file no. 2014-063, Marketing Assistant in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 p.m. July 28, 2014. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
Preference will be given to qualified internal OPSEU candidates.