• Monitoring and operating Alarm, CCTV and Control Access systems;
• Providing security for assigned areas;
• Alarm response and investigation;
• Patrolling, checking exhibits, entrances and exits;
• Crowd control;
• Parcel and package inspections;
• Incident investigation;
• Control room operator;
• Enforcing security regulations;
• Responding to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures;
• Report writing.
• Providing direction and information to clients and visitors;
• Directing clients/staff in emergencies;
• Duties as assigned.
|Salary||$19.15 per hour (probationary rate)|
• Must have Valid Ontario Security Guard License;
• Must have Law Enforcement diploma plus one (1) year of previous security experience, or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience;
• Must have Smart Serve training;
• Must have standard CPR, First Aid and Automatic Electrical Defibrillator certification;
• Basic computer skills;
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills;
• Valid Ontario driver’s license an asset;
• Must be physically fit;
• Demonstrated interpersonal, customer service and oral/written English communication skills.
How to Apply
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
HOURLY RATE: $19.15 (probationary rate)
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources Dept., Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. By Fax: (416) 586-5827 or email email@example.com – please quote Competition #2014-033 – Security Guard in the subject line.
Apply before 5:00 PM on: April 24, 2014
Note to Internal candidates: All subsequent temporary job vacancies resulting from this job posting will be filled from the applications received. Individuals interested in this or any subsequent temporary assignment should apply to this job posting.
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices.
Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.