The Finance Department at the Royal Ontario Museum is currently seeking a strong candidate to report to the Assistant VP of Finance. This position will supervise all financial reporting, accounting, A/R, A/P, budgeting and financial analysis. In addition, this position oversees cash and treasury management, payroll, financial legislation and regulations, and institutional cash flow.
• Corporate and Departmental Financial Reporting, Planning and Analysis
Manage the monthly, quarterly, year-end, and audit reporting process
Collaborate with departments and corporate groups to align budget with the strategic plan
Report on departmental performance measures. Offer advice to department on accounting transactions
Monitor all phases of donations from fundraising events and other donations
Monitor the pledges and loan status
• Internal Process Controls and Guidance
Assist in the development, maintenance, and improvement of finance and accounting policies, process/procedures documents, guidelines, and templates
Develop and maintain the integrity of the financial reporting process and financial controls
Maintain and strengthen internal controls over financial reporting
Contribute to the design, improvement, testing and implementation of organizational tracking and reporting systems that maintain the integrity of business information
Provide guidance and advice to strengthen control of accounting and finance processes and policies
Ensure accuracy of Canadian and US not-for-profit/charitable information returns
Suggest improvements to HST controls
Review HST and sales taxes returns ensuring compliance the CRA rulings
Prepare required reports for Statistic Canada and other government bodies
• Other Duties as assigned
|Salary||$74,600.00 - $87,765.00 per annum|
• Completion of a University Degree in Accounting or Commerce, as well as completion of a professional accounting designation (CGA or CMA). In-depth knowledge of accounting standards is required.
• A minimum of five (5) years experience working in the accounting and finance field. The experience includes a minimum of two (2) years supervising staff and department management.
• Overall experience must include financial responsibility for budgets, policy and guidelines, quarterly reporting, year-end accounts and external auditor liaison.
• Experience implementing an internal controls system is an asset.
• Conversant in computer based accounting and management reporting systems.
• Experience implementing an accounting and management reporting system is an asset.
• Experience with public sector accounting is an asset.
• Proven administrative, leadership, and management skills in the areas of strategic planning and organizational development.
• Experience implementing strategic development and resource plans.
• Proven ability to show initiative; prioritize independent and department work; meet tight deadlines; and make daily decisions.
• Competent skill to develop, monitor and maintain management information systems and procedures.
• Exemplary communication skills (verbal and written) are required.
• Enjoys working in a fast paced environment.
How to Apply
STARTING DATE: As soon as possible
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: firstname.lastname@example.org – please quote Competition #2014-032 – Manager, Finance in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: May 2, 2014
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.