Temporary position – (1 part-time position until August 31, 2014)
• Providing security for assigned areas;
• Alarm response and investigation;
• Patrolling, checking exhibits, entrances and exits;
• Crowd control;
• Parcel and package inspections;
• Incident investigation;
• Enforcing security regulations;
• Responding to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures;
• Report writing.
• Providing direction and information to clients and visitors;
• Directing clients/staff in emergencies.
• Duties as assigned.
|Salary||$19.15 per hour (probationary rate)|
• Valid Ontario Security Guard License;
• Law Enforcement diploma plus one (1) year of previous security experience, or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience;
• Must have Smart Serve training;
• Require standard CPR, First Aid and Automatic Electrical Defibrillator certification;
• Demonstrated interpersonal, customer service and oral/written English communication skills;
• Basic computer skills;
• Demonstrated conflict resolution skills;
• Valid Ontario driver’s license an asset;
• Must be physically fit.
How to Apply
CONTRACT PERIOD: ASAP to August 2014
HOURS OF WORK: 20-24 hours per week
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827;email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2014-030 – Contract Security Guard in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: April 21, 2014
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.