(Fixed-term, 64 days beginning April 28, 2014)
The Royal Ontario Museum seeks a skilled conservator with training and experience in Textiles for a 64 day period. The conservator will work under the direction of the Senior Conservator in the textile lab treating tiraz textiles that are planned to go out on loan.
Responsibilities include the documentation, treatment mounting of a group of tiraz textiles.
|Salary||based on $54,338 - $62,101 per annum|
• Master’s degree in Conservation from a recognized training program with a minimum of two years experience in textile conservation or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
• Demonstrates excellent hand skills in textile conservation techniques;
• Knowledge of, and experience with complex treatments of tiraz textiles;
• Good judgment, initiative and problem solving skills;
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team;
• Knowledge of digital photography;
• The ability to work in Canada must be secured by the commencement of the contract.
How to Apply
Please submit in writing a resume and list of contact information of three professional references to: Mara Gunner, Human Resources, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. Fax: 416-586-5827 or email email@example.com – please quote Competition #2014-027 – Textile Conservator . in the subject line.
Deadline for applications is April 18, 2014. Please be advised that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.