The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is currently seeking a well-motivated individual to coordinate the delivery of a wide offering of adult programs. The successful candidate will report to the Manager, Adult Programs and has significant interaction with Managing Director for the ROM’s Centres of Discovery.
The successful candidate is expected to develop, implement and evaluate approved public programs and track budget lines for assigned programs. They are required to be a creative problem-solver, be enthusiastic at trying new things, and a motivated self-starter who values collaboration. They are required to use participatory practices in the museum to engage with a community-based audience. This person is required to support the promotion of programs through social media, the ROM website, photography and other strategies.
In addition, this person must: take an active role in training and supervising program delivery staff; develop due-diligence training for staff and volunteers; develop work schedules for program coverage, and negotiate object loans for specific programs.
Perform other duties as required.
|Salary||$51,384.00 – 58,724.00 per annum|
• A Degree in a Museum-related discipline. A post-graduate degree/diploma in Education, Museum Studies, Fine Art, Biological Sciences or Event Planning is considered an asset.
• A minimum of three (3) years experience in program development, event planning and administration in a cultural institution with demonstrated strengths in team leadership; organizational skills; problem solving skill; experience promoting programs; and training staff.
• Excellent knowledge of the principles of lifelong learning, inclusion and the needs of diverse audiences. Familiarity with participatory practice, design thinking, or other theories addressing innovation in cultural institutions.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and a strong commitment to customer service.
• Attention to quality and detail are essential to this position.
• Effective oral and written communication skills and strong conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrated ability in develop and control of budgets and financial reporting.
• Flexible work hours – required to work evenings and weekends.
• Computer literacy: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access). Knowledge of social media, posting on the web, Photoshop and other design software are considered an asset.
How to Apply
START DATE: As soon as possible
PROBATIONARY PERIOD: 6 months
SALARY: $51,384.00 – 58,724.00 per annum
APPLY IN WRITING TO: Linda Knox, Human Resources & Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario M5S 2C6; Fax #416-586-5827; email: email@example.com – please quote Competition #2013-085 – Adult Program Coord. in the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5:00 PM ON: November 26, 2013
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
We wish to 'Thank' everyone who applies, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.