The Friends of Palaeontology support the Palaeontology section and are engaged in the story of life on earth as revealed in the fossil record.
To promote learning about research and acquisitions, we:
- Meet ROM scientists and hear them discuss their work and latest research.
- Discover the ROM beyond the galleries through behind-the-scenes tours.
- Explore the deep past in the fossil record.
- Receive information from the scientific media on recent discoveries and current research in the field of evolution studies and palaeobiology.
- Meet bi-annually to discuss our mutual interests and plan our activities, such as lectures and field trips.
Through donations and fundraising, we
- Support and promote programs, research projects and acquisitions within ROM Fossils and Evolution.
Recent fundraising event
- As part of the Toronto Waterfront Marathon on October 16, 2016, our Run for the ROM Friends of Palaeontology team raised funds for the purchase of a rare Cambrian trilobite fossil Damesella paronai.
New Friends are welcome
- We are open to anyone, volunteer, ROM member or non-member.
- There is a $50 minimum annual donation due from each Friend. All donations go entirely towards programs, research and acquisitions in ROM Fossils and Evolution.
- For further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To donate and join now, click the button below and follow the instructions.