Reporting to the Manager, Media Productions and working closely with the Video Producer- Major Exhibitions, the AV Producer/Audio Visual Specialist will research and source additional media assets for AV displays in the Forbidden City blockbuster show, undertake video/audio and image editing/English-French versioning and encoding final files for exhibit display.
|Salary||based on $54,338 - $62,101 per annum|
- Community college diploma in Media Arts/film video or multi-media production;
- Minimum of five years experience in a related field (audio visual, multimedia, film/video production);
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the technical and creative aspects of digital video production including concept design, story boarding and scripting, camera work, location sound and non-linear visual editing including authoring interactive DVD content, special effects and motion graphics
- Demonstrated ability and experience with digital and analog audio recording, engineering and/or editing techniques and musical composition and arrangement for use in exhibit installations, digital video production and web applications;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational skills; ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Working knowledge of film/video production equipment; understanding of current motion picture film and/or video recording equipment and photographic skills. Basic understanding of special effect recording techniques. Understanding of analogue/digital recording techniques;
- Working knowledge of linear and non linear audio/video production techniques and/or specific related equipment such as Final Cut Pro, DVD Studio Pro, PhotoShop, MEDIA 100, After Effects, Betacam, DV, etc. Working knowledge of digital compression techniques when preparing digital audio/video content for exhibit AV interaction and web applications.
- Initiative, creativity, sound judgement and the ability to problem solve.
- Knowledge of most current PC/MAC operating systems and relevant administrative and multimedia applications.
- Proficiency in French would be a strong asset.
How to Apply
APPLY TO: Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. Attention: Mara Gunner, Senior Human Resources Advisor FAX #(416) 586-5827 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Competition # 2013-086,Video Producer- AV Specialist on the subject line PRIOR TO 5:00 p.m. ON: November 25, 2013
The ROM is committed to fair and accessible employment practices. Upon request, suitable accommodations are available under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) to applicants invited to an interview.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.