Working under the supervision of the Asst. Vice President of Marketing, the Marketing Coordinator is one of a team of coordinators responsible for developing and implementing integrated, cross-platform marketing campaigns. In particular, the incumbent is responsible for:
- Media planning and buying (the ROM handles all media buying in-house). Media partnership pitches, contract negotiations and fulfillment.
- Creative content development and copywriting for advertising and various brand publishing vehicles.
- Advertising production including coordinating the work of external vendors and internal service departments including graphic designers, photographers, printers, web designers, videographers and editors.
- Brand and audience development initiatives as they pertain to marketing. Includes regular industry scanning, review of audience and market research, and working with various internal teams such as Audience Insights (audience research), Membership, and the Centres of Discovery to ensure we’re marketing to the right audiences, in the right ways.
- Developing and tracking large and intricate project budgets and timelines to ensure all project deliverables are met on time and on budget.
- Analyzing campaign effectiveness.
|Salary||$57,463 - $65,672 (provisional)|
The Marketing Coordinator role is diverse and rewarding, demanding and fast paced, and highly autonomous. Incumbents must be able to juggle multiple projects, tight timelines, day-to-day project challenges and the communication with various stakeholders with confidence and positivity.
You are a strong communicator, with a solid understanding of the principles of advertising. You know what makes a good ad and how to effectively communicate with the public. You provide clear creative direction to designers.
You’re experienced with media planning, buying and creative production, ideally across all forms of advertising including print, broadcast, out of home and online. We are particularly interested in candidates with experience in broadcast advertising, specifically television media buying and creative fulfillment, which includes the coordination of internal and external suppliers for filming, recording, editing and trafficking of spots from initiation through to final release.
Practical and hard working, you manage time pressures well and you get the job done. But you’re also a visionary, looking to reach new audiences in new ways, while meeting organizational goals.
You’re a strong negotiator, with a proven track record of successful partnership negotiations.
You have a university degree in business/marketing or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
You have at least five (5) years experience in marketing including at least three (3) years experience planning and implementing large, multi-channel advertising campaigns.
Experience or familiarity with marketing a cultural institution considered a plus. This is an English role however French language skills are also an asset.
How to Apply
SUBMIT COVER LETTER & RESUME TO
Mara Gunner, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. FAX (416)586-5827; or email email@example.com. Please include Competition #2012-069, Marketing Coordinator on the subject line