The Royal Ontario Museum is Canada’s pre-eminent international museum and houses important collections in World Cultures and Natural History. It is among the five largest museums in North America by volume and quality of its collections of almost six million beautiful and remarkable objects.
Reporting to the Head, Maintenance and Housekeeping incumbents will perform a wide variety of functions related to the maintenance and upkeep of the Royal Ontario Museum.
|Salary||HOURLY RATE: $26.46|
1. Post-secondary education with a technical certification (i.e. Building Environment Systems Operator, millwright, plumbing, electrical, etc.) OR an acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
2. A minimum of three (3) years of experience with either building maintenance, heating repairs, air conditioning (HVAC), electricity/plumbing repairs, fire systems, and/or the Ontario Building code .
3. Ability to read and interpret floor plans, drawings and specifications.
4. Demonstrated judgement, initiative, ability to work independently, solve diverse/complex technical problems and demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
5. Must be physically able to perform the essential duties of the job (i.e.: climbing ladders, lifting materials, moving equipment plus have good manual dexterity and accuracy.
6. Ability to communicate (oral & written) in English.
7. Ability to operate stationary power (metal and wood working equipment) and powered hydraulic lifting devices.
How to Apply
START DATE: ASAP
APPLY TO: Human Resources, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto,
Ontario, M5S 2C6; Attention: Mara Gunner, Human Resources Coordinator or e-mil
email@example.com Please include Maintenance Mechanic #2012-066 on the