ROM: Contemporary Culture (formerly Institute for Contemporary Culture) connects the ROM to the public through programming, exhibits, events and partnerships focused on powerful themes and issues, http://rom.on.ca/icc. Reporting to the Managing Director, a minimum of 75% of the Coordinator’s role provides administrative assistance, coordination/liaison with other ROM staff relating to exhibits, programs, publications and special events, including: program research and delivery, records management, financial administration, communications, membership management, and other duties as assigned. The Coordinator acts as recording secretary, attending all meetings of the ROM: Contemporary Culture board and its committees, as directed. There is regular contact with a variety of internal departments, board members and other external contacts. The remaining 25% of the Coordinator’s time may be assigned to assist the other two managing directors of the Centres of Discovery (Biodiversity and Ancient Cultures).
|Department||ROM: Contemporary Culture|
|Salary||$51,384 - $58,724 per annum|
- A University degree in a museum-related discipline or an acceptable equivalent in education and experience.
- At minimum of five (5) years of museum-related or project management experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and excellent analytical abilities. Good judgment and confidentiality are essential. Communication abilities must be at a high level relating to the promotion of activities to the public, in person or though printed materials and the web site.
- Proven organizational, office management and special event coordination skills with a strong attention to detail. Thorough knowledge of financial reporting and cash management systems.
- Previous experience working with fundraising volunteer boards and/or organizing and supervising groups of volunteer workers and paid occasional staff. Proven client service and public relations experience.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office and database programs.
- Proven ability to administer multiple projects with tight timelines and to comprehend complex data. Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, as required.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including attending evening Board Meetings and weekend or evening programs and events.
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge of cultural issues, contemporary art and current affairs. Bilingualism is an asset.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to:
Mara Gunner, Human Resources and Organizational Development, Royal Ontario Museum, 100 Queen’s Park, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2C6. FAX (416) 586-5827 or email email@example.com. Please include Competition #2012-074 – Coordinator ROM: Contemporary Culture on the subject line.
PRIOR TO 5 p.m. on January 9, 2013. We appreciate the interest of all applicants. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.