ROMKids Assistant Coordinator
Area: Children's & Family Programs
Interests: Children's programs & education, science communication, social media, dinosaurs.
Exhibitions & Galleries: ROMKids Studio
Phone: 416 586 5636Follow kironcmukherjee
As the ROMKids Assistant Coordinator, Kiron is the public face of the Royal Ontario Museum's family and children's programs.
Kiron handles the ROM's child-oriented program development (for ages 0-16), staff recruitment and training, and community engagement. Kiron has been instrumental in increasing ROMKids camp attendance, in tandem with cultivating enthusiastic and loyal staff and parent advocates. Online, Kiron's social media presence has made ROMKids a widely recognized brand - bringing cool and fun museum-related content to a continually growing community.
Kiron started volunteering at the ROM at age 14 and has never looked back. Now, he strives to provide engaging and educational kids' programming so that future generations can look back on their ROM experiences as fondly as he has.
Though he majored in History at York University, Kiron also considers his early years as a ROMKids camper to be a highly formative part of his education.
Interested in volunteering and working with ROMKids? Email me email@example.com!
Select articles written by Kiron
- Aurora Borealis: Toronto Edition, 2014
- Happy 2014 everyone, here’s a dinosaur, 2014
- Acheroraptor temertyorum: New dinosaur suggests migration from Asia to North America during the eve of the Mesozoic Era, 2013
- Imagination Ignited: The Launch Of LADEE, 2013
- LADEE: 100 Days of Lunar Science, 2013
- Get outside with photography: Merging technology with nature, 2013
Select interviews and features
- Meet a Museum Blogger: Kiron Mukherjee via Museum Minute, 2013
- It's time to Tumble into the newest social media phenomenon via Charity Village, 2013