Looking for something to do with the kids on their school PD Days?
Join us at the ROM for a day at camp!
Kids have special access to hands-on learning at the Museum. Register your kids ages 5 – 14 for a full day of ROM Camp. This one-day version of our popular Summer Club program provides a full day of supervised educational activities, art projects, science experiments, and more! Registration is required.
- $75.00 per child; $67.50 per child for ROM Members.
- Extended Care from 4 – 6 pm: $10 per child; $9 for ROM Members
- Pre-registration is required. Limited space is available. Registration is on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Dates and Course Schedule
|Program||November 13, 2015||January 22, 2016||February 12, 2016||June 10, 2016|
|Age 5||Dig This||Myths, Monsters & More||Spaces & Places||Fact or Fiction|
|Ages 6-7||Dig This||Myths, Monsters & More||Spaces & Places||Fact or Fiction|
|Ages 8-9||Dig This||Myths, Monsters & More||Spaces & Places||Fact or Fiction|
|Ages 10-14||Dig This||Myths, Monsters & More||Spaces & Places||Fact or Fiction|
ROM Camp Daily Schedule
8:00am - 9:00am: Drop off and sign in at our lockers. Then watch a few films in the theater before we begin.
9:00am - 10:15am: First half of the morning session. Lesson time with the instructor as well as gallery exploration.
10:15am - 10:30am: Break time in the ROMKids Lunch Room or, weather permitting, outside in Philosopher's Walk.
10:30am - 12:00pm: Second half of morning session. Work on art projects or science experiments in our learning labs.
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Time to fuel up for the afternoon. We'll have a supervised lunch in our classrooms and relax to a few short films.
1:00pm - 2:15pm: First half of the afternoon session. We'll continue to explore the galleries with our instructor and work through our art.
2:15pm - 2:30pm: Afternoon Break
2:30pm - 4:00pm: Second half of afternoon session. Time to wrap up all our work and prepare to go home.
4:00pm: Sign out at the lockers.
4:00pm - 6:00pm: Extended Care. Supervised games and activities in the ROMKids Lunch Room
Feedback about ROM Camp:
- "Seeing instructors that have returned from prior years. It is great to see the familiar faces but also shows they enjoy being there."
- My daughter has been attending since 2008 and we've never been disappointed.
- "I am very nervous to leave my child when I don't know the staff. I felt instantly comfortable due to the quality of the staff, the number of staff on site and the excellent level of organization."
- "My daughter loved the staff at the camp. All the counsellors were always courteous, helpful and pleasant."
ROM Children's & Family programs aim to be accessible to all participants, regardless of their learning styles or abilities and we offer upon request a variety of communication supports and accessible formats. To discuss your specific learning needs or to request accommodations, please call us at 416.586.5797, or email email@example.com with at least three weeks advance notice. Our staff will work with you to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience.