Thank you for making March Break a HUGE success
Every March Break the ROM welcomes families from Toronto, from Ontario, and from all over the world. Our March Break program is known for its unique blend of learning and family fun!
Discover hidden treasures and natural wonders during day camps!
One of the city’s most creative and diverse March Break day camps, we offer an exciting array of fun, activity-based programs inspired by the collections and research of a world-class museum. Our huge variety of offerings ensures that you’ll find a program to match your interest and abilities. The ROM’s fascinating galleries, authentic artifacts and outstanding professional staff guarantee that your camp experience will be hard to beat.
- For children ages 5 to 16.
- Courses are taught by qualified instructors and classes are limited to 20 students.
What you need to know!
- Supervised lunch for full day participants
- Early drop off begins at 8:00 AM
- Extended care available
- Morning and afternoon (AM & PM) programs can be combined for full day camp
- Half-day programs available – choose morning (AM) or afternoon (PM)
ROM Camp Daily Schedule
8:00am - 9:00am: Drop off and sign in at our lockers. Then watch a few films in the theater before we begin.
9:00am - 10:15am: First half of the morning session. Lesson time with the instructor as well as gallery exploration.
10:15am - 10:30am: Break time in the ROMKids Lunch Room or, weather permitting, outside in Philosopher's Walk.
10:30am - 12:00pm: Second half of morning session. Work on art projects or science experiments in our learning labs.
12:00pm - 1:00pm: Time to fuel up for the afternoon. We'll have a supervised lunch in our classrooms and relax to a few short films.
1:00pm - 2:15pm: First half of the afternoon session. We'll continue to explore the galleries with our instructor and work through our art.
2:15pm - 2:30pm: Afternoon Break
2:30pm - 4:00pm: Second half of afternoon session. Time to wrap up all our work and prepare to go home.
4:00pm: Sign out at the lockers.
4:00pm - 6:00pm: Extended Care. Supervised games and activities in the ROMKids Lunch Room
Feedback about ROM Camp:
- "Seeing instructors that have returned from prior years. It is great to see the familiar faces but also shows they enjoy being there."
- My daughter has been attending since 2008 and we've never been disappointed.
- "I am very nervous to leave my child when I don't know the staff. I felt instantly comfortable due to the quality of the staff, the number of staff on site and the excellent level of organization."
- "My daughter loved the staff at the camp. All the counsellors were always courteous, helpful and pleasant."
ROM Children's & Family programs aim to be accessible to all participants, regardless of their learning styles or abilities and we offer upon request a variety of communication supports and accessible formats. To discuss your specific learning needs or to request accommodations, please call us at 416.586.5797, or email email@example.com with at least three weeks advance notice. Our staff will work with you to deliver a one-of-a-kind experience.