Let the world class photos of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibit and the wonderful animals of our Schad Gallery of Biodiversity inspire you as you create your own animal art!
Included with Museum Admission.
Activities 11 am - 3 pm
By popular demand, ROM educator Daniel Kwan returns to our Discovery Corner series, this time with live animals! At various points throughout the day Daniel will have out Bob the Ball Python, Java the Skink, Zip the Pine Snake and even some of our cockroaches from the Hands-On Gallery. Daniel will also have select animal specimens from our collections for when the live animals need a rest!
Meet Daniel Kwan!
- Daniel Kwan is a former long time Summer Club camper, Assistant, and now Studio Instructor with our ROMKids programs and Gallery Facilitator with the Schad and Hands-On Biodiversity Galleries. Daniel is currently a PhD student at UofT where he is studying prehistoric Japanese ceramic technology and has previously done field work in Madaba, Jordan. A former member of the Jane Goodall Canadian Youth Leadership Council, Daniel is fascinated by entomology, primate conservation, biology, and much, much more!
Create your own animal art based on our special Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibit!
Animal Scavenger Hunt
Learn about our incredibly diverse selection of animals on display with our Animal Scavenger Hunt!
Early Learners Lounge (Classroom 3, Level 1)
The Early Learners Lounge is an under 5 family lounge that provides a quiet space for families to rest, nurse, change diapers and play!
Elsewhere in the Museum!
Earth Rangers: Great Lakes Show
Each 20-minute engagement focuses on one of Canada’s most beautiful natural wonders: the Great Lakes. The show highlights several key issues that are affecting the health of this remarkable system, and what we can do to help preserve it. Featuring stunning imagery of the Great Lakes and appearances from live Animal Ambassadors.
- Shows at 10:30 am, 11 am, 12 pm, 1 pm, 2 pm
- More information HERE!
Wildlife Photographer of the Year: Grand Opening!
Experience the beauty and power of our natural world as the ROM presents the North American premiere of Wildlife Photographer of the Year. Coming from the Natural History Museum in London, Wildlife Photographer of the Year is now in its 49th year, and is one of the museum’s longest running exhibitions. This internationally renowned photography competition celebrates nature and wildlife featuring 100 breathtaking photos selected from over 48,000 entries from around the world.
Wildlife Photographer of the Year: Members Preview
Join us for an exclusive viewing of Wildlife Photographer of the Year. Experience the beauty and power of our natural world as the ROM presents the North American premiere of Wildlife Photographer of the Year.
- Viewing from 10 am to 12 pm.
Remarks at 11 am from:
- Dave Ireland, Managing Director, Centre of Discovery in Biodiversity
- Neil Osborne, Director, Environmental Visual Communication Program, & Associate at the International League of Conservation Photographers
- ROM Members only. No registration required.
- More information HERE!
Discovery Activity Station
Programs are subject to change without notice.
- Saturday, November 23, 2013
11:00 am - 3:00 pm